5. Taylor, Carl E., "Five Stages in a Practical Population Policy," Inter-
nal Development R, 10, 1968. pp. 2-7.
6. Day, Richard L., "Factors Influencing Offspring. Number of Children,
Interval between Pregnancies, and Age of Parents,"/! raer J Dis Child, 113, 1967. pp. 179-185.
7. Dingle, J. H., G. F. Badger, and W. S. Jordan, Illness in the Home: Study
of 25,000 Illnesses in a Group of Cleveland Families. Cleveland: Press of Western Reserve Univ., 1964.
8. Preschool Child Malnutrition: Primary Deterrent to Human Progress.
Pub. 1282, National Academy of Sciences-National Research Council. Washington, 1966.
9. Scrimshaw, N. S., and John E. Gordon, eds., Malnutrition, Learning, and
Behavior. Cambridge, Massachusetts: The M.I.T. Press, 1968.
10. Wray, Joe D., and Alfredo Aguirre, "Protein-Calorie Malnutrition in
Candelaria, Colombia. I. Prevalence; Social and Demographic Factors," JTrop Pediat, 15, 1969. pp. 76-98.
11. Gomez, F., et al., "Malnutrition in Infancy and Childhood with Special
Reference to Kwashiorkor," Advances in Pediatrics, S. Z. Levine, ed. Chicago: Yearbook Publishers, 1955. Vol. VII, pp. 131-169.
12. Bengoa, J. M., D. B. Jelliffe, and C. Perez, "Some Indicators for a Broad
Assessment of the Magnitude of Protein-Calorie Malnutrition in Population Groups," AmerJ ClinNutr, 7, 1959. pp. 714-720.
13. World Health Organization, Methods of Planning and Evaluation in Ap-
plied Nutrition Programs. Technical Report No. 340. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1966.
14. Jelliffe, D. B., The Assessment of the Nutritional Status of the Commu-
nity. World Health Organization Monograph Series No. 53. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1966.
15. A Health and Demographic Survey of Bang Pa-In. Bangkok: Community
Health Care Program, Ramathibodi Hospital Faculty of Medicine, 1969, Mimeo.
16. Robertson, I., and M. Kemp, "Child Health and Family Size," S Afr Med
,7,34, 1963. pp. 888-893.
17. Chen, Edith, and Sidney Cobb, "Family Structure in Relation to Health
and Disease," J Chronic Dis, 12, 1960. pp. 544-567.
18. Gordon, John E., "Social Implications of Health and Disease," Arch
Environ Health, 18, 1969. pp. 216-234.
19. Wyon, J. B., and J. E. Gordon, "A Long-Term Prospective-Type Field
Study of Population Dynamics in the Punjab, India," Research in Family Planning, Clyde V. Kiser, ed. Princeton: Princeton Univ. Press, 1962. pp. 17-32.
20. Morris, J. N., and J. A. Heady, "Social and Biological Factors in Infant
Mortality, I. Objects and Methods," Lancet, 1, 1955. pp. 343-349.
21. Heady, J. A., C. Daley, and J. N. Morris, "Social and Biological Factors
in Infant Mortality, II. Variations of Mortality with Mother's Age and Parity," Lancet, 1, 1955. pp. 395-397.